For the perfect wedding on Anguilla, Villa Alegria is the perfect wedding venue
The island of Anguilla breathes romance. Anguilla beckons brides and grooms from all over the world to hold destination weddings on its beaches and boats, in its charming historic churches, at its 5-star restaurants and resorts, and at Anguilla luxury villas like Villa Alegria.
Villa Alegria is ideal for birthdays, bridal showers, holiday parties, anniversaries, commitment ceremonies, rehearsal dinners, family celebrations and smaller, more intimate destination weddings.
Note: If getting married on Anguilla, couples are required to be married in a church or at the local courthouse and then can enjoy a symbolic ceremony anywhere they wish.
Or for a larger destination wedding on Anguilla, book our sister villa at Beaches Edge Anguilla
If you are looking for a bigger venue for a wedding on Anguilla or need lodging for a larger group, consider Beaches Edge The 5-bedroom oceanfront villa with large event lawn is down the coast from Villa Alegria and overlooks Anguilla’s Pelican Bay.
Why hold your wedding on Anguilla at Villa Alegria:
- Beautiful views of the Caribbean Sea and the mountains of St. Martin.
- Series of porticos and terraces that let your guests move freely between the inside and outside.
- Cooling trade winds for outdoor events.
- Gourmet kitchen and outdoor grill that are ideal for all types of catering.
- Expansive sun terrace with infinity pool, perfect for romantic floating candles and flowers. Scatter cocktail tables, set up chairs and a ceremony arch, or use as a dance floor under the stars.
- Sandy Point Beach, just a paved walkway away for on the beach ceremonies.
- Or get married on a larger beach, in a church or on a boat and hold your rehearsal dinner, bridal luncheon, and house your wedding party or family in style at Villa Alegria.
- Short marriage license process Note: If getting married on Anguilla, couples are required to be married in a church or at the local courthouse and then can enjoy a symbolic ceremony anywhere they wish. This requirement has been waived in the past, but is now being enforced. As an alternative, some couples choose to marry off-island before they arrive, and then hold theur dream symbolic ceremony with their family and friends at the villa. If you plan to get married on island, please be sure to visit the government’s website for details early in your planning as it may dictate your booking and travel dates. Or we can connect you with one of the island’s experienced wedding planners who will usher you through the process. You can also download a copy of the Anguilla Marriage Act here: M040-Marriage Act
- Convenient West End location, close to high-end restaurants such as Straw Hat and the CuisinArt Golf Resort.
- 4+ bedrooms all with ensuite baths for dressing, hair, makeup and other preparations or to house the bride, groom, immediate family or bridal party. We can also assist with adding the villa next door for additional lodging options.
- The expert assistance of our concierge, Michelle and our island event partners.
There are no additional space rental fees for holding a wedding or other event at Villa Alegria, outside of the nightly villa rental rates, government tax and standard service charge/concierge fees charged to book the villas.
Any fees for staffing, flowers, decor, tents, entertainment, food, music, etc. are extra and can be paid directly to the vendors through your event coordinator, or our concierge.